Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Snow-Shoeing...My winter adventures Part 1



I've just realized that I haven't blogged about any of my winter snow adventures here...so here's the first part...

In February, I went with Mary (an EMT that I work with) up snow-shoeing at one of the ski resorts. It was my first time ever, and the trails were supposed to be groomed, but apparently, the wind blew the snow over them, so we were in everything from nice 1" groomed trails to 2-3 feet of drifts! We had a great time though!

This is Mary and I ready to go...


These are deeper than we expected...


Hahaha! How can you not laugh at this picture?!


Me ready to go...


She made me go in front for a while because I was taking mean pictures from behind...


Just following the blue tags...they go off into the trees...we're not sure we want to go that way anymore.


Mary has a great idea -- lets just go above the tree-line parallel to our trail, and that way we won't get caught in the tree-drifts and holes and also the low branches... sounds good to me, I mean...she IS the one with experience at this, right?


Are you SURE we're going the right way?


Really?


My turn to fall...


This picture doesn't adequately show the slope, but our marked trail is WAY at the BOTTOM of these trees! So I head down head-first...straight down the hill!


Mary follows ever so gracefully!


Back on the deep trail again...I can see why people have done this out of necessity over the years...still trying to figure out why we do this for fun!


A picture together...then time for a rest.


Yep...I thought it would be a good idea to sit down and take a rest...now I can't get up.


No really...I CAN'T get up!!


It is pretty up here...


Pretty desolate!


Again...are we SURE we're on the right trail?


Some how we both made it back to civilization!


It was quite a hike!


There will be more adventure to come...

1 comment:

Sar said...

this entry made me cold and tired just reading it...

~Sarah Strickler