Thursday, March 20, 2008

My crazy life...

I have been a slacker at blogging this month!!! I'm convinced it is because of all of the upheaval I've created in my life lately. I've been so busy I've hardly had time to keep up with e-mail and facebook! I do like a little variety here and there in my life, so as a result of a year of complete boredom and the winter seasonal affective disorder, I have managed to pull out of both by making changes...and of course I don't start small. So here's what I've been up to...

In January I decided I wanted to go Travel Nursing (to escape this cold winter Siberia!) so I started making plans to do that, and got my stuff into my recruiter. Then I decided that since my lease was up in my apt in February, I might as well wait and just move my stuff out into storage, and keep a small room in my friend's home. At the same time, I finally made the decision to go on my first Humanitarian Trip to Peru with one of our ER Docs and several nurses and other folks so I started getting my paperwork and stuff in for that. We are scheduled to go March 29th - April 10th. In the meantime, I continued pursuing travel nursing contracts, and even went into my manager a week or so ago and put my notice in at work, to cut back from 90% (full-time) to Per Diem work (when I want to). During this process, I'm realizing how difficult it is to live out of storage, and I have a friend that wants to rent from me if I buy a place, so I've decided it would be beneficial for multiple reasons to buy a house. I met with a mortgage broker and he talked me into not quitting my job until I actually close on the home. I have rescinded my notice at work, so now travel nursing is on the back-burner again, and I'm working on buying a home and going to Peru first. Best-case, they under-write my home loan while I'm in Peru and we close when I get back, but of course we are starting to run into snaffu's, so I'm just trying to take it as it comes. I have no idea what will happen next or what kind of time-frame I'm looking at!

Now that the sun is out more, and it's warming up a little, I'm not as moody as I had been. Plus I'm absolutely THRIVING on the chaos that I've created!!! Who does that -- buys a condo, takes a humanitarian trip to a South-American country, and quits their job to start another one all in a 4-week period!??? I'm beginning to question my sanity...and I know it's all a result of this Siberian Winter I've had here in Utah!!!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Maybe you should buy a house here in Magna... there are several for sale in my neighborhood. What price range are you looking at?

Anonymous said...

I love it! Yes, you are a one in a million. Sounds excitingly chaotic. I hope everything works out, what am I saying, it will, it always does!

jessi9380 said...

You can totally buy my house in July!