Monday, June 16, 2008

A perfect day...

Okay, so for the first time since I left Seattle in 2003, I actually was out today running errands and got distracted by the sunshine! Yes, it was a beautiful day in Portland, 98% sunny and everyone was out and about, and I was no exception... I reverted back to my "old Northwest habits" and parked my car at some random park I found across the street from Fred Meyer, got out my "park blanket" from my trunk, and went and laid in the sun for 40 minutes!!! The funny part is that for the last few months and years in Utah and even in California, I had wondered why I even still kept a "park blanket" in the car since I never used it anymore... but today it seemed perfectly natural to have it in my trunk, because you never know when it's going to be a perfect day to lay in the park! And as I lay there soaking up the sun, I kept thinking to myself, "List of things to do? WHAT list of things to do?!" Yep...back to my Northwest Mentality!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

What hospital are you working at in Portland? I was born in the Keiser (how do you spell that?) hospital there. My niece also recovered from her near-drowning there.

Karen said...

Isn't it funny how some places you just can't do certain things? I completely get it. I can hardly wait to get out of Utah so that I can be myself again. I really is just silly, but some how, I am different here. Enjoy all your perfect days ahead!!