Sunday, June 10, 2007

My Eye Surgery








The surgery went much better than I thought it would -- about 3 minutes per eye, which is quite tolerable on Valium. My sister, Brenda was there to watch and take pictures, and drive me home afterwards. I was calm through the whole thing, and the staff and doctor were all great at talking me through it. There were a series of sensations -- visual and otherwise -- that were quite interesting. Here are a few pictures...





Afterwards, Brenda and I stopped at Costco to pick up my prescriptions. I found myself dizzy and tired, and had funny glasses on my eyes. At one point while I was waiting for Brenda in line, I sat down, and then layed down on one of the big flat-bed shopping carts which was close-by. Of course she was embarrassed when she turned around and saw me. It was all pretty funny.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks sooooo cool!!! Glad to hear that it went well. Now post some pictures when you get to wear REAL sunglasses.

Unknown said...

So when are you going to keep writing on your blog? It's been awhile :-P