Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Weekend in Vegas!

Things are changing once again in my life...I had put my notice in at work so I could accept a Travel Nurse position in an ER in Portland, OR for the summer. Last-minute I decided to leave the house and go visit my sister and nieces and my friend David in Vegas for the weekend. Heather had never been to Vegas and agreed to go with me so we were off!

Heather and me...


The drive seemed like nothing, even though I'd worked the night before (of course Heather drove so she might say something different!), and we got in early enough to see a few things in town and go out to dinner that night with David, Brenda and one of my nieces, Makenzi.

My cute niece Makenzi during dinner...


Heather and me again...




Then we toured on the Strip a little before we finally called it a night. It is so fun to see it sometimes...all the lights and action in the city that never sleeps! As we toured, we met some very interesting people who decided that they wanted to be in some of the pictures with us. I laughed so hard after we got home when I finally looked at these pictures they took on my camera!

The light show at the Bellagio was impressive that night!


David, Heather, Me and some random stranger...


Again...random strangers! but funny...


Sunday afternoon we took the kids to the park and played with them, and also visited. It was 104 degrees!!! In MAY!!! The drinks and ice cream we bought were fabulous!

David...


Makaela & Makenzi...


Heather & Makaela...




Makaela & me...


Sharing ice cream...


Brain freeze!


My adorable sis Brenda & me!


The girls...Makenzi & Makaela


Monday got up to 107 degrees when we finally left town in the early afternoon. We had packed as much as we could into those 2-1/2 days down there! And once again, we had a great time!!!

No comments: