Sunday, April 6, 2008

Headed to the Jungles of Peru...

This week has been a whirlwind of adventure, sight-seeing, clinics, and a little shopping, one afternoon nap...and some kick-butt hikes! I don´t know why I don´t think I can do hard hikes at home but here, I´m somehow able to climb my butt all the way up these steep mountains!!! Wait till you see some of the pictures of these...you won´t believe it either! It´s nothing like the simple ones at home!

I´ve had a multitude of experiences, and wasn´t able to blog while we were in Aquas Calientes at the bottom of Machu Picchu for the last 2 days. We toured and climbed all over those mountains, we held a clinic at the school in town, and we did a little shopping and great eating! Last Thursday, we just toured all day on the way to Aquas Calientes, visiting several ancient Incan Cities. It is absolutely amazing! I can´t wait to add the pictures soon!

Today, part of our group is headed back from Cuzco to Lima (Peru), then Atlanta or Houston and then finally to Salt Lake City. I am staying with 5 other people of our group and we are headed to the Jungle in Puerto Maldonado, Peru, very soon. I´m blogging while I have a few minutes waiting for our tour bus to come pick us up for the airport. Not sure if we´ll have internet access there or not. From there, I´m leaving on Wednesday to come back to Lima, where we will tour all day, shop, and then get a red-eye back to the states. I´ll be home Thursday. Hope to blog, but might not have a chance... until later, I´m having a great time!

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Wendy, Wow your trip to Peru sounded amazing! I can't even imagine what that must have been like! How are things going? Did you end up not coming down to Las Vegas? Hope all is well. I finally updated my blog recently. I've been such a slacker! Take care, girl!

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Yep Wendy definitely died in the jungles of Peru.

Katherine said...

I am tagging you! Check out my blog!