Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A day in the Peruvian Hospital...

Today I presented my lecture to a group of doctors and nurses in their hospital. It went well, and we had a fun day overall. I made friends with some of their ER Nurses, and got a great tour of their ER. Let´s just say WOW!!! What an eye-opener! I am SO blessed to have what I have, and to do what I do. They are amazing people down here and they do good work with what they have...but WOW!

Tonight I washed underwear in the sink...That was an experience! I´m hoping it dries by first thing in the morning when we have to leave for Aquas Calientes and ultimately Macchu Picchu on Saturday.

And lastly, my roommate Ali has given me a nickname...¨Little Miss Sunshine¨. Not quite sure why...apparently I´ve given the ït could be worse¨ spiel a few times...

2 comments:

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Oh I am so jealous you are there! I LOVED aguas Calientes. I remember staying there and all the bed bugs, we were all pouring baby powder all of our sheets. And we ate at some pizza place for dinner. If someone brings up going to some hot pots, DONT GO! They STINK! and they're disgusting. And enjoy Machu Pichu. It's fabulous. Can't wait to hear more!

Dan and Michelle said...

Don't fall off the mountainside at Macchu Picchu! Post some pics for me.