Thursday, March 20, 2014

Finally able to breathe again!

Well things are slowly getting put back together, and I feel like I can finally breathe some days!  I didn't realize just how "backed into the corner" I have been feeling this year - it kind of snuck up on me this time, so when I had a last minute thought pop into my head, I followed it!  I ended up working through my first 3 days last week, so I could take the weekend off and go to Las Vegas!  What a great trip that was!  I left the house as-is, put the dogs in day care, threw a few clothes together, and went for a 10-hour drive, to spend a weekend with my sister, a couple of friends, and the SUNSHINE!!! 

I enjoyed a great sunny drive, and I was able to be there to support Brenda, my sister with her final dress-fitting, and then attend her bridal shower the next day, in preparation for her wedding in a month.  It is so fun to see how excited she is through all of this!  She is going to be a beautiful bride and I can't wait to be there!

Another big "bonus" on this trip was meeting an old friend for lunch, and finding that he really is as easy to spend time with as he is to talk to in e-mail and text!  Got together with Brenda and another friend, David for dinner that night and was surprised that we actually got COLD while eating dinner outside (for 3 hours!) before we were finished.  So I took a chance and invited both guys to go out the next night and walk around the Strip together for a while.  They both wanted to go, and we all had a GREAT time!  Fun to discover that this old friend I am getting to know well for the first time also likes to laugh and enjoy life as much as I do!  I haven't felt these feelings in many years!  It was a whirl-wind trip and went way too fast!  After a few hours sleep, it was time to load up and head home.  I spent the last morning laying on a blanket in the park in the SUN with this new friend, and enjoyed just talking, laughing, sharing stories, and soaking up the sun for 3 hours!  It was over WAY TOO FAST, but what a great time we had!  I can't wait to go back for the wedding in a month, and spend more time with family and friends!  This was exactly the break I needed!

No comments: