Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My favorite month of the year!!!

This is it! July...my favorite month of the entire year...is finally here again!!! As many of you know, I am truly a summer girl. I have a few things I am looking forward to this month...including a visit from my dear friend Heather over the 4th of July weekend coming up, my birthday, visits to the ocean, a niece's birthday (Starley-5 yrs), and LOTS of SUNSHINE!!!

The last week or two have been very difficult ones for me for a couple of reasons, so as the dust has finally settled in my life once again, I welcome the new beginning that this month brings and hope that it will be one of my better July's!

Even as I type this at 1:30 in the morning (approx) I hear some popping outside...I have to say that I hope it is early fireworks (like I thought when I first heard it) and not gunshots (like I thought when I heard it the second and third times). The last time I heard gunshots outside my apt window, a police officer was killed by them (WA 2003). I guess I will wait for the sirens...but I will not look out the window (again) because I know (as I knew the first time I heard them yrs ago) that you cannot be called to testify as a witness if you don't actually SEE anything! No sirens yet...we might be good...

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Are things going okay in Portland? We miss you much here in SLC, how's the hospital you're working at?