Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mooning...a story from my past.

A few weeks ago at work one night, a slower night, we were talking and laughing about how patients always moon us (show us their bare-naked bum), frequently unintentionally. The conversation got personal as the question was posed, "Have you ever mooned anyone?" I claimed innocence for only a moment until a friend walked by and said, "Oh no, I KNOW YOU'VE mooned someone!" and I turned red...I was obligated to tell my story...a lot of things are told at 2:00 in the morning which you can't talk about other times! I was quite amused at how hard everyone laughed...I thought it was a regular boring mooning story, so I thought I'd re-tell it here to my family and friends, and hope you find it as amusing as my co-workers. To my mom who doesn't know this story...consider this one more story you should probably hear from me before you see the "great movie of my life" someday!

When I was about 12 or 13 living in Tonopah, Nevada, I was walking down the street at about 8:30 or 9:00 at night with some friends. I'm pretty sure I was grounded at the time, and was on the way home from a church activity. There were 5 or 6 of us, and it was mixed company, boys and girls. We decided it would be a "good idea" if we mooned the next car that passed. It was dark, and we were all laughing and joking around...then we see our car coming so we line up one the side of the road. Next thing I know, there we are -- 5 naked bums facing this car as it was passing. I couldn't resist so I peeked to see the looks on the faces of the people in the car...and I was HORRIFIED to see my SISTER IN the car!!! Let me just say, that while I was perfectly willing to show some stranger my naked bum, there are some things your family should NEVER see! I quickly aborted and pulled my pants up, and I know I must have done some fancy talking to get her to not tell on me, because I don't remember getting in trouble for this. :-) I don't think I've mooned anyone since then...I learned my lesson!

So now I want to hear your stories! If you're too embarrassed, e-mail them to me!

9 comments:

Katherine said...

I'm pretty sure I wasn't one of those with you... was I?

Wendy M said...

No, you were always good. :-) Do you remember Jessica Lister? I'm pretty sure she was there!

Katherine said...

I thought you were, too! ;)

Yeah, I remember Jessica, sounds like something she would do...

Katherine said...

I once had a student moon me. Well, he wasn't exactly mooning ME, he was trying to moon someone in the class next door, and I happen to look out my classroom door right when it happened. I had to write him up for sexual harassment. District policy.

Wendy M said...

Everyone has always thought that! Ha ha! I'm not as bad as some but I'm not always as innocent as I look... thats all I'm saying about that!

scotty said...

NO WONDER YOU WERE GROUNDED!!! ;0)

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Oh that is too funny! I hear ya, we see WAY too many naked bums around this place. I love your story, you make me laugh, and I would have never thought little miss Wendy M. would have done something like that. I remember when I played soccer, in junior high we had to go to a tournament down in St. George and we all went up on the Dixie Rock and got in a line and all pulled our pants down at the same time mooning all of St. George! We've got pictures to prove it!

Dan and Michelle said...

Shocking! That was a good one. I needed a good laugh.

Ramona said...

That is a great story! I'm trying to think if I ever mooned anyone and can't remember. Does it count if my oldest mooned his Kindergarten class, six weeks into school?! LOL!